In the past decade, YouTube has become the go-to video streaming service on the internet. It’s free to watch millions of videos from people all across the world. What’s even better is that YouTube allows users to download videos in any format of their choice. For instance, you can convert your favorite video on YouTube to MIDI using a free online video converter in a matter of seconds. It’s that simple!
As such, you might be wondering how you can convert YouTube to MIDI file format. MIDI is a common file format for anything related to music. However, can YouTube videos be easily converted into this format? Yes! In this article, we will mention the easiest and most convenient methods of converting YouTube to MIDI file format, so you can store your favorite tunes anywhere.
What is MIDI?
Before we discuss how you can convert YouTube to MIDI file format, it is important to understand what the MIDI file format really is. MIDI stands for Digital Interface of Musical Instruments. It is one of the most, if not the most, commonly used file formats in the contemporary music and audio industry. MIDI has become a standard for almost everything related to music.
Perhaps the best thing about MIDI is that it is a really compact file format. It goes up to only 100 KB and can store many music tracks. Almost all modern music is synthesized using the MIDI file format and the sound library. MIDI does not work how other file format works. Instead of storing actual information and data, MIDI stores commands. In other words, it does not send or receive sound signals but rather commands for that sound.
Why convert YouTube Videos to MIDI?
There are many reasons that you would want to convert YouTube to MIDI file format. Not only do MIDI file formats take way less storage than conventional MP3 or MP4 files, but they also sound far better than most of the standard YouTube video and audio files. Additionally, MIDI files are supported by almost all platforms and audio streaming services, making it far more convenient and frictionless for complicated workflows.
How to convert YouTube videos to MIDI?
Converting videos from YouTube to MIDI involves two steps;
- Download and install the MiniTube uTube utility. It’s a free-to-use converter that allows you to convert YouTube videos to the MP3/MP4/WAV format.
- Once installed, open the utility and paste the URL of the YouTube video that you want to download in the search bar.
- Click on the Download icon next to the search bar and select MP3/MP4/WAV as the output format.
- Then, click on the DOWNLOAD option and wait for the file to be downloaded.
- Once your video or audio file is downloaded, head over to Bear File Converter. It’s a free online converter that allows you to convert common audio formats, such as WAV, MP3, OGG, AAC, and WMA, into MIDI. It only takes three clicks as well.
- Upload the video or audio file that you want to convert to MIDI by dragging and dropping it onto the website.
- Click on the Convert option and then the Download All one. Your MIDI file will be downloaded onto your computer.