Drake’s Net Worth: $90 Million
Aubrey “Drake” Graham is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor from Toronto, Canada. Born on October 24, 1986, and he is currently 31 years of age.
Aubrey Graham was born in Toronto, Ontario on the 24th October 1986. His parents split up when he was only 5 years old, and Drake lived with his mother in Toronto. His father was a drummer and moved to Memphis after the divorce to find work.
Drake’s mother was Jewish, and so he attended a Jewish day school and had a Bar Mitzvah ceremony. Drake was often bullied in school for his racial and religious background, and he eventually dropped out of school.
When Drake was 15 years old, he encountered an acting agent who was the father of a high school friend. The agent found Drake a role on Degrassi: The Next Generation, which was a teen drama series. Drake’s character was Jimmy Brooks, a basketball star who became physically disabled after being shot by a classmate.
Drake has always had a real passion for music, and he said Jay-Z was a major inspiration to him. In 2006, Drake released his very first mixtape, Room for Improvement. A year later he released his second mix-tape, and in 2009, he released his 3rd, ‘So Far Gone’.
Lil Wayne and Drake had collaborated on several songs, and Drake had also joined on one of Wayne’s tours. Drake signed a recording contract with Young Money Entertainment, and in 2010, released his debut album, ‘Thank Me Later’.
Drake has collaborated with some of the best rap artists and hip-hop producers in the world, including the likes of DJ Khaled, Eminem, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Rihanna and more.
Since then, Drake has released multiple albums, sold millions of copies, and gained an incredible net worth. He is one of the most successful hip-hop artists worldwide.
Awards Drake Won
Overall, Drake has won 96 awards from 444 nominations, including three Grammy Awards from thirty-five nominations in his career so far:
- BET Hip Hop Awards – Rookie of the Year (2009)
- BET Hip Hop Awards – MVP of the Year (2010)
- Juno Awards – New Artist of the Year (2010)
- Songwriter’s Hall of Fame – Hal David Starlight Award (2011)
- MTV VMA – Best Hip-Hop Video (HYFR, 2012)
- BET Awards – Best Male Hip-Hop Artist (2010, 2012, 2014, 2016)
- Grammy Awards – Best Rap Album (Take Care, 2013)
- MOBO Awards – Best International Album (IYRTITL, 2015)
- American Music Awards – Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist (2016)
- American Music Awards – Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album (Views, 2016)
- MOBO Awards – Best International Act (2016)
- Grammy Awards – Best Rap Song (Hotline Bling, 2016)
- BRIT Awards – International Male Solo Artist (2017)
Favorite Quotes From Drake
1. “Count your blessings, not problems.” – Drake
2. “Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending.” – Drake
3. “When it comes to knowing what to say, to charm, I always had it.” – Drake
4. “It’s important for me to let my fans know I really don’t care. I’m confident.” – Drake
5. “Patience is key for getting over a breakup. That, and trailing off your interaction after the breakup.” – Drake
6. “Reviews condition people. At the end of the day, a lot of human minds are malleable. They can be easily shaped with strong words. – Drake
7. “Don’t pull up at 6AM to cuddle with me”. – Drake
8. “People like to build their own story about my life. I don’t know if it makes them feel better, or if it makes it okay for them to not like me, but the last thing I grew up as was rich.” – Drake
9. “A relationship can give you a gut wrenching feeling sometimes. It’s a real emotional ride.” – Drake
10. “Patience is key for getting over a breakup. That, and trailing off your interaction after the breakup.” – Drake