Slideshows on a webpage get frustrating while you are reading something on a website. You have read an article divided into different slideshows and you might just understand what frustration means.
If you do not know what a slideshow is, it is when you visit a website to read an article and you are unable to read the whole article on the same page. You will be forced to jump to the next page to read the next part and by the end of the article; you might have skipped up to ten pages. Usually, these appear on viral articles shared on most of the social media platforms.
It is a nightmare for the reader but beneficial to the website owner as they generate more revenue for getting views per page. If you do want to be interrupted during your reading experience, we have the tools to help you remove the slideshows and cover everything on a single page, a process called Deslide.
Methods to Remove Slideshow from a Website
1. Using a Web App
This is a quick and easy way to get rid of the slideshows and you need to follow these steps:
- Copy the URL Of the webpage you want to deslide
- Visit http://deslide.clusterfake.net/
- Paste the URL in the Slideshow URL box
- Choose the combination under the Display box that you want to see in the output webpage
- Click on the Deslide button and the webpage is going to be displayed all on the same page.
2. Convert a Webpage into Printable Format
Printfriendly is a website that will help you convert your slideshow article into a printable single page format. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Copy the URL of the website with the slideshow
- Visit Printfriendly
- Paste the URL in the box, then preview the article
- The full article should now be available without any slideshows or ads and once converted, you will be able to print the page.
3. Adding PageZipper Bookmarklet on Your Browser
There is also the option of viewing all the slides on one page by adding a bookmarklet on your browser known as PageZipper. This is available as an extension on either Google Chrome or Firefox browsers. These extensions combine the slideshows in the article into one webpage. For you to add PageZipper to your browser:
- Visit the PageZipper website
- Drag and drop the PageZipper bookmarklet into the bookmarks toolbar
- When you visit a website with slideshows, just click on the bookmark and you will see the article in full
There are other methods known to deslide a website, the ones mentioned are just but a few. The ones we have in this article have been tried and tested to work perfectly and the most convenient. The ones mentioned do not need any registration and you will be saved from the hassle of slideshows in record time. We will be happy to hear from you, feel free to comment.