The life and times of American actor Brian Blosil
Dwell deeper into the life and times of famous actor Brian Blosil. Get to know what it takes to achieve success in a competitive industry called Hollywood. This is our insight into the life of Brian Blosil.
About Brian Blosil: Quick Facts
- Date of Birth: December 12th, 1952
- Place of Birth: America
- Age: 67 years old
- Star sign: Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Relationship status: Divorced
- Children: 8 children
Brian Blosil is a very famous American actor, who was previously married to Marie Osmond. Little is known about his place of birth, other than the fact that he is an American citizen and has been living in America for 67 years.
He has not disclosed any information about his early life, such as the name of his parents and/or if he has/had any siblings. Similarly, details about his education are not known. It seems he is very secretive about his life before finding fame.
How Brian Blosil became an Actor
Today, Brian Blosil is most famously known for being the ex-husband of great singer Marie Osmond that people often forget that he is a well-accomplished actor.
Brian’s career as a flourishing and well-accomplished actor began in the late eighties. His debut was in the 1987 film The Wildest Dream alongside actor Russ Calvin. The film was directed by Ken Kemp and also starred Shannon Engemann, Brent Matthews, and Alan Stark.
The Wildest Dream can be accredited with giving Brian Blosil the big break he needed in Hollywood. It got rave reviews from critics and was regarded as a cinematic masterpiece that brings historic events to light.
After having starred in The Wildest Dream, Brian Blosil disappeared from the acting scene for nearly a decade only to resurface again in the mid-nineties.
Brian got back to acting with his role in the mid-nineties television show called Maybe this Time. The series was on air for two seasons before getting canceled. But it was more than enough time for Brian to cement himself as a great actor. It was also where he met the famous Marie Osmond who went on to become his wife.
Although Brian only guest-starred on the sitcom Maybe this Time. His time on the sitcom did not go unnoticed. Brian appeared on the sitcom for the episode called Please re-release me as an executive consultant. The episode aired in 1995 and Brian reprised his role for another episode in a 1996 episode titled Lucky Puck.
Brian Blosil and Marie Osmond’s relationship
Brian Blosil was formerly married to famous singer Marie Osmond. Considering that Marie famously starred in the television sitcom Maybe this Time, in which Brian had a guest starring role, it can only be assumed that the couple met on the show.
Neither Brian nor Marie have been forthcoming about how they met, nor have they shared intimate details about their relationship before getting married with the press.
Brian and Marie married on October 28th, 1986 in an intimate wedding ceremony in Jordan River Temple, Utah. The ceremony was attended by only close friends and family of the couple. Together, the couple shares eight children.
It was not all happily ever after for Brian and Marie as the couple filed for divorce in March 2007. The couple has been very forthcoming about their divorce, having released a statement just after filing for divorce. The statement is a joint statement from both Brian and Marie and states that the couple has not assigned blame to anyone and that they divorced amicably.
Brian Blosil is a dad to eight children
Brian Blosil shares eight children with his ex-wife Marie Osmond. Of those eight children, 2 are Brian’s biological children, 1 is his stepchild (the child is from Marie’s previous marriage), and 5 are adopted.
Brian’s eight children and their names are as follows:
- Stephen James Craig was born in 1983 to parents Marie Osmond and Stephen Lyle Craig. He is Brian’s stepson. Stephen is currently 36 years old and follows in his stepfather’s footsteps as he is currently working as an Actor.
- Jessica Marie Blosil is the second child of Brian and Marie. Jessica was adopted when she was a mere 19 months. She was born on the 17th of December, 1987, and is 32 years of age. Jessica is married to her longtime partner Sara.
- Rachel Krueger is one of two biological children of Marie and Brian. She is Marie’s third child and Brian’s second child. Rachel was born on the 19th of August, 1989, and is 30 years of age. Today, Rachel is happily married to Gabriel Krueger and the couple has one daughter.
- The fourth child of Brian and Marie was Michael Bryan Blosil. He was the second adopted child of the couple. Michael was born on May 4th, 1991.
- Brandon Warren Blosil born in November 1996 is currently 23 years old. He is the third adopted child of Brian and Marie. His actual date of birth is not known, nor is his profession.
- Brianna Patricia Blosil is the fourth adopted child of Brian and Marie. The couple adopted Brianna shortly after she was born. Brianna was born on the 19th of November, 1997, and is 22 years of age. At present, Brianna is married to Dave Schweppes.
- The seventh child of Brian and Marie, and their second biological child is Matthew Richard Blosil. Matthew was born on the 6th of July, 1999 making him 20 years of age. Today, Matthew goes by the name Matt.
- Abigail Michelle Blosil is also an adopted child of Brian and Marie. Being the fifth adopted child, Abigail was born on the 5th of September 2002 making her the youngest child of the Brian-Marie family.
Tragedy struck Brian and Marie Osmond
In the year 2010, tragedy struck Brian and Marie’s life when their second biological son Michael Bryan Blosil was found dead.
Michael, Brian’s fourth child committed suicide at the young age of 18 years. Michael committed suicide by jumping off his eighth-floor apartment in the year 2010. He left a note behind in which he detailed his intent to commit suicide after having to deal with depression for several years.
Brian’s son, Michael had always faced depression. At the tender age of 16, Michael was sent to rehab in 2007. The reason for his going to rehab is not known however there are speculations that Michael was using drugs to cope with the feeling of depression.
Michael being Brian’s fourth child was described by all who knew him as being a person with a kind and generous heart. Michael was a stellar student and had a grade point average of 3.9. He would have gone on to enroll in top universities, but his life was sadly cut short.
This is not the first time Brian has had to deal with suicide in his family. Four years before his son’s suicide, Brian had to deal with handling his wife Marie’s attempted suicide. Sources say that Marie was hospitalized as a result of attempted suicide.
Brian’s tumultuous health
It can be said that Brian’s life has had its fair share of tragedies. Having to deal with the attempted suicide of his former wife and the death of his son can only lead to a life filled with stress and a feeling of sorrow throughout.
As a result of this tragedy, Brian’s health took a terrible turn. At one point in his life, Brian was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. Doctors found a brain tumor that could have resulted in even more tragedy for him.
Brian had to undergo several surgeries as a result of this tumor, he has had to undergo several surgeries, and there are speculations that his health is still worse for wear.
Brian’s net worth and income
Being an actor who has been around since the eighties, it can be said that Brian’s net worth and income are deemed as being comfortable amount.
Sources estimate Brian Blosil’s net worth at around $500,000. The amount he made when he starred in the movie The Wildest Dream has not been disclosed, nor has the amount he received as a guest starring role in the sitcom Maybe this Time. One can only assume Brian earned a decent amount that would put his net worth at $500,000.
Brian’s social media presence
At 67 years of age, Brian Blosil seems to keep to himself. There have been no appearances or accounts of Brian owning any social media account across various social media platforms.